If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this Policy.
1. The Basics
This website is an online information platform (the “Site” or “Website”), operated by The Papillon (Butterfly Dog) Club in the United Kingdom.
In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to The Papillon (Butterfly Dog) Club .
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users.
2. Information we Collect
In general you may visit our Site without providing any personal information. However, in order to use certain features of our Site, we may need to collect your personal information. For example:
- We collect your username and email address when you create an account or public user profile. We may collect additional information that you choose to add to your account or public user profile, such as a profile picture or information about your hobbies and interests, location, social networks, etc..
- We collect your name, contact information and details of any orders placed with us when you purchase a product or service through our Site.
- We may collect personal information when you participate in a survey, poll, contest or promotion, such as your name and contact information and responses to survey or poll questions or the information you provide on a contest entry form.
- We may collect other personal information with your consent or where required or permitted by law.
- We, our service providers and any third party advertising partners also collect information about Site visitors automatically using cookies and other tracking technologies.
The provision of Personal Information may be necessary for the purposes of providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you.
3. How we use the information we collect
We generally use the personal information we collect to provide the product, service, feature or information you have requested, and for our reasonable club purposes, including:
- to manage our Site and provide our services, such as to create and administer accounts and facilitate the use and enjoyment of forums and communication platforms;
- to enable geographic-specific features, such as geographic-specific pricing and information;
- to process payments;
- to notify you of changes to your account or our Site’s services, terms, conditions or policies, and to provide you with administrative messages, updates, legal notices, technical notices or security alerts and communicate club matters;
- to customise your user experience, including by tailoring the advertisements that are displayed to you to make them more useful and relevant to you;
- to conduct research and development, analyse and understand trends and user behaviour and to improve our Sites, products and services;
- to respond to your enquiries and provide you with technical and other support;
- to ensure compliance with our Terms & Conditions and prevent fraud;
- to provide you with newsletters, information, promotional offers and other advertising about us or our advertising partners;
- to facilitate your participation in a contest or similar promotion, or a survey or poll;
- to meet contractual obligations; and
- for other purposes as permitted or required by law.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our Website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties, except in circumstances where permitted or required by law or other legal process. For example, we may disclose your personal information: (a) to collect a debt owed to us; (b) as necessary to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order or other legal process; (c) if disclosure is requested by an investigatory body, law enforcement official or governmental authority which has lawful authority to request the disclosure of the information in respect of an investigation or other legal process; or (d) if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or contravention of a law, or to protect the personal safety of our users or defend our rights or property.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site, as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
5. How we store and protect personal information
Personal information is stored on our servers (or those of our service providers). We take every reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Please note it is not possible to transmit data with absolute security over the internet, and we cannot, and do not, guarantee the security of your personal information.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask you for your password. Access to personal information is restricted to employees, representatives and service providers who require access in connection with their job responsibilities.
6. Links to external content
Our Site is not directed to and we do not knowingly request or collect personal information from children (persons under 13 years of age, or another age if required by applicable law) without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information about a child without verifiable parental consent, we will delete this information from our records or, if that is not reasonable, we will take reasonable available steps to de-identify the information.
8. Accessing or correcting your personal information
We encourage you to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. You can access and correct the information in your account or public user profile by logging in to your account or profile and making the necessary edits.
You can request access to, correction to, or deletion of your personal information in our custody or control by contacting us. We may take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity before providing you with access to your personal information or making corrections. Please also note that in some cases we may not be able to provide you with the personal information you have requested (for example, if the information is subject to solicitor-client privilege or contains personal information of others that cannot be severed).
You may opt out of receiving communications from us at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each communication, and/or by selecting your communication preferences in an account or profile.
Your personal information will be retained for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, considering criteria such as applicable rules on statute of limitations, legal requirements and the duration of your use of our Site and receipt of our services.
9. How to contact us