We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Cookies can be used by web servers to track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website. ). In most cases the information is anonymous and does not involve or use personal information in any way.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies are extensively used online and have become part of the fabric and make-up of what has made the internet work so effectively for consumers and businesses. Without cookies many areas of functionality for example, user logins, shopping baskets and other customisation features will not work.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
For further Information about cookies you can also visit www.aboutcookies.org
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website; keep track of your shopping cart and allow you to participate in our forum.
Our advertisers and payment services providers may also send you cookies. This website contains advertisements in the way of links and banners. Clicking on these will drop a cookie when you leave our site and allow the third party to pay us a commission, at no additional cost to you. These commissions help to supplement club funds. Not all links are paid commission links.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- anonymous information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation)
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters and our forum
- any other information that you choose to send to us
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- enable your use of certain services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. Click on links at your own risk, although we promise never to intentionally compromise your system or details.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.